November 12, 2012

A Picture is Worth A 1000 Words [Part 1]

There are a few days each year where I find myself at a loss for words. You're in luck...  today is one of them! I think the charm of being in a new place is beginning to wear off. Add to that London's habitual lack of sun and you get a blogger who only feels like only posting pictures. Totally fine with me, though, because you know what they say, A picture is worth a thousand words. Cliche, cliche. The purpose of today's ramblings is to catch you up on London's sights so far. And I promise you, Val, this one won't take you three sittings to finish reading! Enjoy...
 


We have 12 pubs within a few blocks of our flat. So, we've been slowly grubbing at each one to find a favorite. Apparently, sometimes we don't really know what we are ordering. After quickly snapping this picture, I spent a few minutes gagging in the ladie's room so Andrew could eat that school of cute, little fish in peace.

Part of the super cool Natural History Museum.
That's a statue of Darwin there in the center. Apparently he's a big deal.

 
Bangers 'n mash!
Thank goodness we knew what we were ordering with this one!

 
Outside the Natural History Museum.

 
My idea of pub food.

 
A sweet ending.

 
Ritzy Knightsbridge/Kensington area.

 
We spent a few hours in Harrod's Department Store. Not my thing, really. Truthfully, I don't ever want to go back there again. Too many Aston Martins and wealthy, show-y people hanging around there.
 
 
Apparently, Dodi Al Fayed was the son of the guy who owns Harrods. So, what better way to remember him then by erecting a strange statue of him and Princess Di.
This is for my mother and any other Princess Di groupies out there.


 
London Town!

 
Besides researching, Andrew spends most of his time dreaming about football and rugby.

 
Thames.


We stumbled on the red carpet premier of Quartet with Dustin Hoffman. He's there somewhere.

 
Where the red carpet begins and the celebrities get dropped off.
I'll be back there on Wednesday for the Breaking Dawn Part 2 premier!!
 
 Highgate Village at night.

 
The only reason I get out of bed each morning.
 
Andrew has had a few chances to attend football (American soccer) games. Before he leaves, I always remind him to eat something. This picture is evidence for his wife. What better way to watch a sports game than by eating some kind of savory pie (My pepper/ketchup fetish is rubbing off on him!).

 
Go sportsteam go. Score that goalunitbasket!!
 
 
How do you like the blog's new look? Don't judge yet... I'm trying to work out all the kinks and figure out how to actually make my blog look decent. Of course, by the time I figure that out it will probably be time to change the look again. I'm just keeping things exciting around here.
 
On a more somber note... I wanted to give a shout out to all my friends and family on the East coast. Sandy sucked. I know some of you still don't have electricity. If I was there, my doors would be open to you. Hang in there. Thoughts and prayers.
 
Stay tuned for more pictures in part 2 tomorrow!
 
Love to all.
 
with hope
with love
(m)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment