December 12, 2012

10 for £10: Day Five

What better way to brighten up a dreary day five than by disregarding ye olde sartorial wisdom of days past and by joining with the snowmen in proclaiming the good news of donning white in December.

 
Wearing too much white in the winter can be rather odd. It reminds me of eskimos, Cruella DeVille, and the inevitable Apple iProduct. But seeing that I somehow need to produce five more outfits from my limited supply, well, today I'll tell you that it is perfectly acceptable to wear white all year around.
 
White is, after all, beautiful. According to Wikipedia,
 
White is the color of pure snow or milk.
It is the color of light that contains all of the wavelengths
of the visible spectrum without absorption. It is the opposite of black.[1]
In Western culture, white is the color most often associated with innocence, perfection, the good, honesty, cleanliness, the beginning, the new, neutrality, lightness, and exactitude.[2]
 
We need to celebrate [lack of] color more.
 
I dedicate day five of manly, oversized, cream blazer to the color of which represents all that is good, to every kind of tail out there, and also to my future children's Asian heritage [see hair].
 
Wait. What is that thing gracefully hanging by my right ear?...


... But of course! A rat tail!




Loud and proud and unashamed.
 
And now, the bloops.
 
Those are some mad photography skills.

Just know that I embarass myself purely for your enjoyment.

Ready, set, WALK.
 
blazer// H&M
shirt// H&M
belt/ H&M
earrings// Francesca's
Zara heels// thrift store, London
chopsticks// kitchen drawer
 
Total cost for this look? under $50
 
 
White is the color of pure snow or milk.
Thank you, Wikipedia, for being so poetic.
 
(m)

No comments:

Post a Comment