December 7, 2012

10 for £10

I’ve been fantasizing about owning an oversized, manly, cream blazer for quite some time now. However, seeing that the British pound always outweighs the American dollar and that anything I acquire now somehow has to find it’s way back to the States, I’ve avoided the London mall scene at all costs.




Until, that is, lovely Husband decided to give me an early birthday present that one fateful day (today). He shipped me off to the best mall around, gave me some cold hard cash, and let me loose.

I’ve been dreading turning thirty for the last five years. My first grumpy birthday was the day I turned 26-- early twenties behind, nothing but wrinkles, gray hair, and chaos for the future. That was two years ago. Since then, I’ve realized that turning to anti-wrinkle cream, hair dye, and yoga for emotional support may not have been the best decision of my late twenties. But I digress.

Back to shipping me off with cold hard cash…

First stop? H&M.

Alas, my hunt turned triumphant as my eyes locked on a rack of not-your-usual-colored blazers: turquoise, peach, goldenrod, and my beloved cream! On sale for 10 pounds? Victory! I’m proud to say that my blazer fantasies have been more than fulfilled…

…Until next season.

Recently, since my Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD*) has decided to align itself this year with grumpy birthday #28, I‘ve found it strikingly difficult to provide you with cheery chatter and instead have thought best to distract you from my struggles with a little lesson (or three) on caring for your teeth. As exciting as discussing teeth may be for me, I’m aware that I may have given you too much, too fast and that I need to allow room for a little mystery (to keep you asking more of those nifty teeth questions).

*I’d like to meet the brains behind whoever thought it was appropriate to make SAD the official acronym for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Where’s the hope in that?

So, to distract me from being 28 and SAD, and to distract you from teeth overload, I’ve decided to begin a series of fashion entries dedicated to that wonderful blazer. Tomorrow I shall begin day one of 10 for £10, or if you prefer the more descriptive title: 10 Days of Outfits Based On A Blazer That I Bought For 10 British Pounds.

For those of you unaware, posting pictures of oneself daily, in whatever outfit you are wearing, happens to be a popular enterprise in the bloggersphere, perhaps second only to DIY crafters. These fashion bloggers usually have a lot of time on their hands, work in the fashion industry, and don’t mind people scrutinizing what they look like. And while I’ve never participated before (for numerous reasons), I’ve decided to give it a shot.

So for the next 10 days, I will be scouring my very limited London wardrobe, which includes two drawers of clothing and nine pairs of shoes, and will be crafting 10 different outfits based on my new blazer.

I’m really not quite sure what I’m getting myself into or how this will work out or if I have enough clothes to make ten outfits.

I am super excited.

!!!

It doesn’t take much for cheap entertainment these days, does it?

And while I'm trying out new things, for whatever reason I've also decided to give Twitter a try. So now, you can follow me @Blog66B.


Until tomorrow, flossers.
Your style guru far, far away in London,
(m)

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment